Saturday, January 19, 2013

Review: MAC 188 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush

I went WAYYY too long without investing in a stippling brush.  I was told that it is the idea tool to use for applying liquid foundation and even knowing that fact, I still avoided making the investment.  MAC's brushes, as many of you may know, are insanely expensive yet so worth every penny.  Instead of going for the big guns and grabbing the 187 ($42 USD), I ended up getting the 188 ($35).



Man I'm glad I went with the smaller size!  It does work very well with liquid foundation, and it fits well into the nooks and crannies around my nose, however since it doesn't cover much surface area, I actually prefer to use it for blush application.  



The smaller size works incredibly well on my cheeks and very lightly applying heavily pigment blushes.  I have not tried it with a highlighter, but I'm sure it'll work wonderfully!

The verdict?  Yes and no.  Yes for someone who tends to gravitate towards heavily pigmented blushes, and no for someone who wants it to solely apply foundation, in which case I would recommend going with the 187 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment