Saturday, January 19, 2013

Review: MAC Face & Body Foundation - N1

I've mentioned in one of my past reviews that MAC's Face & Body Foundation is sorta amazing.  Welp.  It is!


Face & Body Foundation ($27 USD) was made permanent after the release of MAC's Face & Body Collection in September.  Honestly, this was a collection I completely ignored.  None of it appealed to me at the time and I had seen horrible reviews about the pressed pigments, so I put it to the back of my mind and moved on.  When I went to my local MAC counter, I curiously asked to try out a foundation as I always had a bad reputation for MAC foundations in my head.  The associate matched my preferences to Face & Body, shade matched me, and voila!  It was love!


The texture is very watery, which results in sheer coverage that dries very quickly, but it is buildable to medium coverage.  I find it applies quite evenly without streaking both with a brush and fingers.  Color-wise, N1, which is the lightest shade in the neutral range, is just the tiniest bit too dark, I have to avoid blending down my neck since my neck is even lighter than my face and makes the shade difference look even crazier!


And the packaging!  YES!!!  Very minimalist, yet functional.  If it all depended on me, all foundations would be packaged like this!

On Face: MAC Face&Body Foundation. Cheeks: bareMinerals Awestruck Blush
On Eyes: Maybelline Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo, Clinique High Impact Mascara
On Lips: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Show Off
The verdict?  If you're looking for a sheer foundation with non-gimicky packaging, you're in luck!  Face & Body is a part of the permanent line and is available at MAC stores and counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment