Friday, January 11, 2013

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light

Getting back into the swing of things!  It's much easier to keep up on posts now that I'm working from my own laptop as opposed to a desktop computer!  I promise to keep up with reviews. :)

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect foundation, and I feel like I've gotten pretty darn close since Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream and MAC's Face & Body (review upcoming) are rocking my world as of lately.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7.44-$8.99 USD) is described as an 8-in-1 skin perfecter that promises to do everything PLUS walk the dog and take out the trash..


Well, not exactly the last parts, but Maybelline seems to be making some serious claims to back this one up. It promises to blur imperfections, brighten, even skin tone, smooth, hydrate, enhance, and protect with SPF 30, and have 0% oils and heavy ingredients.

Left: Swatched lightly and blended. Right: Swatched heavily

As you can tell from the swatch, the texture is quite creamy, so those with oily skin will HATE this.  My nose is the only oily thing on my face and I find the formula separates after about two hours of wear.  Wear time I found was about eight hours of looking fresh after setting with a setting powder before needing a touchup, so pretty decent in my books. However, the coverage is very sheer.  Anyone who just needs a perfecting base will find that this does the job well.  It evens out the minor redness I have around my nose well, as well as brightening my skin nicely without ever feeling heavy.  I did actually forget I was wearing it once and went to a Zumba class with it on (BIIIG no-no in my book!), so it feels remarkably light and airy.  As for shade selections, Light is just the tiniest bit too dark and warm on me, but if applied with a light hand, then it works out nicely.

The verdict?  For those just needing something to even out their skintone and brighten their skin, I would say go for it!  The formula is a dream to work with and lasts a good amount of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment