Monday, January 21, 2013

Summer Lovin' - Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick in 106M Jolis Matins


So I have a confession to make: I love wearing orange lipstick.  I just defied one of the biggest rules in beauty - don't wear orange if you've got cool toned skin!  


This was also one of my first high end lipstick purchases!  Lancome's Rouge in Love ($26) line was released early last year and with the packaging and color selection, I couldn't resist myself!  I originally wanted Violette Coquette but convinced myself that I would never wear it (true...) so I snagged Jolis Matins.  It's described as a "soft peach", but I think the swatch will say otherwise.


That is orange!  Not quite as wearable as I had anticipated, but still gorgeous for summer skintones.  On my current NW15 skin, it looks quite stark, but on my summer tone, which is around NW25, it's freakin' GORGEOUS!  I wish I had a picture from summer to show you, but alas, I don't :( The texture is beautiful, it glides on like butter and feels like lip balm.  The scent isn't overpowering either, which is a plus.


The verdict?  Definitely try out the Rouge in Love line!  It's lightweight, comfortable, and is chock-full of fun and flattering colors!





No comments:

Post a Comment